The IxCatapult test system (both MGTS and DCT2000 available at IMA Acceleration Lab) consists of both hardware and software elements and can be reconfigured and expanded as your testing needs change. IxCatapult provides more than just simple top-level traffic diagnostics. It also supports the complex lower layer analysis essential for full protocol stack testing. Depending on your test requirements, the IxCatapult system can be configured for different protocol testing, or go from functional testing to load testing.
The IxCatapult platform delivers unprecedented load test performance by using an industry standard mesh backplane that allows the physical test interface to be driven by one or many mesh computing unit cards.
LTE, UMTS, SS7, GSM, CDMA, ISDN, VoIP, WMX, GPRS
To provide even more flexibility, IxCatapult offers a multi-user development environment-2G, 2.5G, 3G, IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS), WiMAX, VoIP, SS7 and other telecom tests can run simultaneously.
The IxCatapult Core Operating System provides the IxCatapult software and graphical capabilities used to configure the test system, develop test scripts, run the tests and analyze results.
It also provides Testbench; a streamlined GUI based on the Eclipse RCP Architecture that supports all classic IxCatapult functionality. Testbench provides a user-friendly test execution and reporting environment for:
- Navigating and viewing test cases
- Easy test case selection and execution
- Viewing test suite execution progress
- Report generation
- Customizable display with a range of statistics and results for in-depth analysis
IxCatapult provides further user flexibility by providing several options for custom test scripting and execution environments. IxCatapult users may develop scripts (or applications) by using:
- DCPL (Digital Communication Programming Language™) - provides a powerful means for sending, receiving and analyzing protocol messages. DCPL can be used both in compiled scripts and in CATTgen applications
- CATTgen—a graphical application development package may be used to graphically create the desired call flows. The resulting test sequences are customized according to the needs of each user. CATTgen applications can be controlled with the CATTcontroller graphical interface, making it the preferred method for testing load.
- C programming language - subroutines may be created and integrated into any DCPL and CATTgen applications
- Turnkey Test Applications – alternatively, Ixia provides pre-packaged easy to run test suites for complex test scenarios such as LTE, eliminating the need for test script development all together.